Khushboo Charitable Trust: Spreading the Fragrance of Literacy and Education
Give a man a fish; you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish; you feed him for life. Khushboo Charitable Trust—a self-sustained NGO and a philanthropic arm of Cybage Software Pvt. Ltd.—believes in the power of education. Right from its inception in 2009, the Trust—also known as CybageKhushboo—has been constantly providing financial aid to economically backward but promising students so that they can fulfill their educational aspirations and secure a bright future. CybageKhushboo is relentlessly engaged in scalable educational projects to shape-up promising careers. CybageKhushboo is the brainchild of Arun Nathani, CEO and MD, Cybage, and his wife Ritu Nathani. The additional board of trustees includes Mr. Deepak Nathani and Mrs. Geeta Lalwani, who looks after Khushboo’s initiatives in Gujarat. Under the able guidance of Cybage’s senior management, the scope of CybageKhushboo is blossoming rapidly. As a part of its main initiative, CybageKhushboo grants scholarships to students who want to pursue professional courses in Engineering (B.E. and Diploma), Medicine, and Medicine-related courses such as Pharmacy, Dentistry, Homeopathy, and Physiotherapy, among others.
CybageKhushboo Scholarship Program 2014-15
- 2009-2010: Inaugurates the scholarship program.
- 2010-2011: Extends post-SSC scholarships to 65 deserving children.
- 2011-2012: Joins hands with educational institutes to widen the beneficiary base for the scholarship program.
- The number of beneficiaries crosses the 200 mark.
Starts operations in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- 2012-2013 The CybageKhushboo family reaches the 300 mark and continues to grow.
- While new students receive scholarships, existing students continue to get financial support from the Trust.
CybageKhushboo wants to act as a stepping-stone for promising students, who have the potential to build successful careers, but are being held back by financial constraints. With an intent to give financial support to as many deserving students as possible, the Trust has kept the eligibility and selection process simple.
The application form for the CybageKhushboo Scholarship Program is available at http://cybagekhushboo.org. It can also be collected from the Cybage Software offices in Pune and Gandhinagar.
The eligibility criteria for the scholarship program are:
- The applicant must score a minimum of 60 percent marks in Class X and Class XII exams in the valid academic year.
- The total family income of the applicant should not exceed Rs. 2.5 lakh per annum.
- The applicant must have secured admission in a government or a private college on the basis of merit and not through capitation. The CybageKhushboo office in Pune caters to the educational requirements of students in and around the city of Pune, while the Gandhinagar office works for students in Gandhinagar and its adjoining areas. The Trust authorities validate whether an applicant is eligible for a scholarship. After an exclusive interview and home visit, the selected candidates are offered scholarships. The decision of the Trust is final and binding.
Activities at a Glance
Tie-ups with InstitutesThe Trust has collaborated with Manghanmal Udharam College of Commerce (MUCC), Pimpri, Pune, to motivate more students to choose professional education as their path to success and not yield to circumstances that demand teenage labor after passing Class XII. The Trust sponsors the education of 15 students annually for the entire duration of BBA and BCA courses. The Trust looks forward to collaborating with more educational institutes to maximize its reach to the deserving students.
Village School AdoptionThe Trust initiated a sponsorship program in 2011-2012 to provide financial support to run the school in Kondhur village in Mulshi tehsil of Pune district of Maharashtra. The village, then, had a school only up to Class VII. The villagers also pitched in by cutting down on the expenses of their cultural fests and diverting those funds to build classrooms till Class X. The dedication of the villagers to change the lives of their children convinced CybageKhushboo to support them unconditionally. The Trust plans to continue the monetary support and motivate other children of the village to pursue education after Class VII.
SessionsCybageKhushboo is committed towards the holistic development of the students it supports. The training sessions conducted by the Trust on an on-going basis in the premises of Cybage Software Pvt. Ltd. underline this commitment.
Core Competency in IT Trends
Session conducted by: Vikas Verma, Former VP–Emerging Technologies
While practice without theory is blind, theory without practice is sterile. This was the takeaway message for the students who attended this two-hour session. Vikas, through an interesting role play, brought forth the qualities of a good software engineer and touched upon the core professional values such as integrity, honesty, and perseverance. The audience comprised students pursuing Engineering degree courses in IT and Computer, Diploma in IT Engineering, and Bachelors and Masters in Computer Science.
Interview and Aptitude Skills Development Session conducted by: Elston Pimenta, Head–HR
The main objective of this session was to make students aware of the cut-throat competition and motivate them to face the challenges in the academic and professional worlds. In an engaging two-hour session, Elston differentiated between skills and abilities.
Cybage Khushboo Website