With the proliferation of web technologies and their fast adoption by people world-wide, online Retail or eTailing or eCommerce has evolved very rapidly and is one of the most important channels for the Retail industry. Even for the established brick and mortar retailers, an online retail channel ensures that wide demographic segments of all customers are targeted. Online Retail presence provides an additional channel for shopping and also serves as the most effective research tool for customers, which in turn drives in-store sales.
Some of the key challenges faced by retailers are fierce competition, differentiation of retail stores, maintenance of customer loyalty, and continuance of healthy profitability. All of these have become more acute because of online retailing. No retail enterprise will be able to ignore the online retail channel and will need to work towards leveraging this channel to reach out and retain more customers.
To make online retailing a successful endeavor, eCommerce or IT solutions need to address the unique business process of each retail enterprise. In case a retail enterprise, caters only to an online channel, key imperatives are leveraging either their own supply chain and fulfillment or integration with third-party distributors.
Cybage has a long association with leading eCommerce solution providers and online retailers. We understand the challenges and needs of online retailing and have extensive expertise in providing end-to-end solutions for online retailing. We have extensive expertise in the following areas:
- Enterprise eCommerce platforms: Cybage partners with customers in architecting or maintaining customer eCommerce platforms or leveraging off-the-shelf platforms such as ATG, Magento, and WebSphere Commerce, among others. Cybage provides expert consultation for assessing the current eCommerce infrastructure and suggests a road map for improvement. This involves a comparative analysis of various eCommerce solutions that best suit the customer needs.
- Order Management and fulfillment: In addition to technology implementation, Cybage partners with customers to optimize the end-to-end order workflow and fulfillment process.
- Website and Content Management: Cybage has worked on end-to-end website development using Ajax and Flash and has implementation experience of developing modules for content management systems.
- Integrations: The extendability of an online solution depends on its ability to integrate with other businesses and solutions. Cybage has provided online retailers the following services:
- Integrations with fulfillers or distributors such as Tech Data and Ingram Micro
- Integrations with Marketplaces such as eBay and Amazon
- Integrations with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) suites such as SAP and Microsoft Dynamics
- Integrations with EDI suites such as Gentran and IBM Data Junction
To know more about our core competencies, click here