About the client:
The client is one of the largest independent magazine publishers in the world and publishes some best-known health and wellness lifestyle magazines. The client is also a leader in direct response marketing.
- The client was experiencing significant shortfalls in web traffic, which in turn was presenting a challenge when serving ads. To address this shortfall, the client approached Cybage to help increase its search and social visibility.
- Cybage offered Search Engine Optimization (SEO) as the ideal solution that involved site-wide SEO audits and benchmarking, strategy report, keyword research, competitor analysis, on-page optimization, off-page optimization, and keyword ranking and traffic reports.
- Cybage undertook enhancements to the existing Drupal implementation for SEO friendliness.
- Cybage helped optimize content to increase page ranks on search networks.
- The SEO team created the timely progress report, task management report, and weekly status report to keep a track on the project progress.
- The technical issues were resolved by correcting all the broken links and canonicalization errors, among others.
- Cybage created metadata, alt tags, and h1 tags for the pages that were missing these elements and also for the sections provided by the client.
- Cybage performed researching and building backlinks for the specified keywords and Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) by the client to get relevant traffic and ranking for the targeted keywords.
- Cybage developed the framework for using social channels to boost referral and organic traffic.
- Within the first page on Google’s search index, 94.5 percent keywords were ranked.
- There were 90 percent reduced on-page errors.
- There was 69.75 percent increase in organic traffic.
- There was 44 percent increase in backlinks.
- The client gained brand visibility and increased conversion ratio, Search Engine Results Page (SERP) ranking, and traffic.
- The direct outcome of this was a significant increase in web traffic, thus allowing the client to meet advertising commitments.
About the client
The client is an American company that uses a multi-level marketing model to sell a variety of products, primarily in the Health, Beauty, and Home Care markets. Its product line includes home care products, personal care products, jewelry, electronics, dietary supplements, and cosmetics.
The client wanted to augment its customer experience by providing an end-to-end order management system supported by multiple channels. The client realized that the existing systems were not sufficient to meet this requirement and hence had to be scaled up.
The challenges faced by the current system were:
- The client had a legacy commerce software solution with heterogeneous components in the ecosystem.
- The client’s traditional multichannel retailing system adopted two or more channels to engage their customers. Hence, the client was not able to deliver a seamless and consistent message across multiple touchpoints.
- Lack of customer touchpoints such as mobile and social media affected customer acquisition and conversion.
Cybage helped the client to identify cross-industry best practices that would be appropriate in a multi-level marketing model. Based on these best practices, we provided the following services to the client:
- Assessed the maturity of the organization as compared to industry standards
- Created interactive spider maps to identify gaps
- Helped the client shift from Multichannel retailing to Omnichannel retailing
- Replaced the heterogeneous components in the ecosystem with a one-stop e-commerce platform
- Integrated new customer management and billing platforms into a new business operation model
- Introduced new touch points and revenue channels through mobile commerce and in-store kiosks
- Made the new application capable of end-to-end order management, thereby supporting all the organization channels
The client benefited immensely from the solution that provided a seamless brand experience across all channels. It also effectively integrated new customer management and billing platforms into the new business operation model.
The key highlights of the business outcome are as follows:
- Customer acquisition increased to 10,000 visitors with 200 new registrations per day on an average.
- 30,000 orders were received during peak month-end targets.
- Revenue increased by more than 4,000 orders per day and the customer acquisition went up by more than 25,000 unique visitors on the website.
- Customer retention was enhanced through Omnichannel experience.