About the client
The client is a leading cyber security and antivirus solutions provider for consumers and corporates.
The client was facing the following issues:
- The client required to develop a single, open-source–based Business Intelligence (BI) solution instead of maintaining multiple reporting systems based on various technologies.
- The existing data warehouse did not have dimensional modeling, which resulted in the lack of integration with new reporting tools.
- Limited drill-down capability in the existing Excel-based reporting forced businesses to maintain various reports with the same data set.
- Data visualization capability was not available.
- The manual data collection and report generation process (Excel-based) in the legacy system was time-consuming and error-prone.
- An inefficient reporting system resulted in the unavailability of useful information, which limited company data analysis and decision-making capability.
Cybage provided the following solution to help the client overcome its problems:
- Cybage’s BI solution had a 2-tier architecture, which consisted of the Cube layer and the Presentation layer.
- We designed and developed a data warehouse on the Oracle 11g server using Informatica as the Extract Transform Load (ETL) tool.
- Cube layer: We capitalized on the intelligent compression techniques of QlikView to reduce the amount of data with daily incremental data refreshing cycle.
- Presentation layer: We capitalized on the associativity technology of QlikView to establish the relationship among various tables and form a star schema, which, in turn, pulls data from QVD files to generate the reports.
Cybage adhered to the following plan to provide effective results to the client:
- We capitalized on the Scrum methodology for high visibility, active collaboration, effective communication, and predictable rhythm, resulting in a predictable schedule and improved productivity.
- We used Planning Poker for agile estimation and effective planning.
- We created a Proof of Concept (PoC), which verified the proposed architecture.
- We capitalized on the Cenzic security framework to identify potential security vulnerabilities and take appropriate measures.
The dashboards and analytical reports developed in QlikView:
- Helped business users to uncover hidden trends and make discoveries that drive innovative decisions.
- Enhanced productivity of business users by providing access to dashboards having rich reports with drill-up and drill-down facility.
Tools and technologies
Cybage used the following tools and technologies:
Development Oracle , QlikView , Informatica
Testing Cenzic (for UI Security)
Tools Gliffy, Planning Poker
ALM Cisco Jabbar, integrated Atlassian tools—Confluence, JIRA
Cybage services utilized
Architectural Services, Development, Testing, and BI Capabilties.