EXPERIENCE: - 3+ Years
The key aspects of this role:
- Database operations and support
- Working in shifts
- Being available as per the shift and providing the support as per the SLAs of the issues and alerts.
- Carrying out the engineering work related to DB (Upgrade, Migration, Replication configuration, Designing the database architecture for new DBs etc) as per the project alignment
- Collaborating and coordinating with different teams from different location to accomplished shared goals/projects
- Exploring the AWS/Cloud capabilities and services to automate things and reduce the manual activities
- More focus on automation using scripting/ development tools & technologies than the regular DBA monitoring, operation and support job
To be the right fit, you will need:
- MySQL 5.7 or above working experience.
- Scripting & Automation (Bash/Python) at least understanding and exposure on any one.
- Migration experience (at least concepts)
- Engines (expertise in InnoDB, MyISAM is must)
- User management
- Experience with master-slave replication configuration.
- Backup (MySQL Dump/Snapshot)/restore
- MySQL Error debugging & parsing exposure
- Good communication skill
Good to have:
- Multi source replication
- Delayed replication.
- Performance tuning/slow query log & analysis
- AWS RDS MySQL and AWS Aurora MySQL exposure.
- RDS Backup, Snapshot & Point in time recovery.
- MySQL 8.0 exposure.
- Exposure on EC2/EBS/S3
- AWS Service (Storage/security/monitoring).
- LVM Storage.