The client is a leading online e-commerce store and also provides a marketplace for other sellers to sell their products.
- The main objective was to develop an enterprise-level email solution to replace the existing legacy email application and enable users to create and send email-based campaigns independently.
- This new application sends promotional emails to the target customers, based on various business rules which will be configured from the settings page by administrator. It also provides a flexibility to create and design custom email templates using rich text editor.
- Integration of new solution with the existing e-commerce website for sending transactional emails.
- This was also integrated with their existing ecommerce website to use the new application for emails and other third-party service providers.
The main components of the application are as follows:
- User interface: To enable sellers to manage the template, segment, and campaign through this web application
- Segments: To define the target audience based on several business rules
- Templates: To manage, create, and send emails
- Campaign: To manage the scheduling and launching of a campaign
- Scheduled jobs: Scheduler services that actually send out emails
- Integration: Integration with third-party service providers and internal applications
- This web-based application replaced the legacy, small email applications and reduced the maintenance efforts drastically
- It introduced automation in the campaign launching process. Campaigns could be launched at any given time, providing flexibility to set up campaigns at any time.
- Three-step or easy-to-go campaign creation process (Define Segment -> Define Template ->Set Campaign Launch date)
NET 4.0, C#, SQL Server 2005, Telerik controls, third-party API for sending emails