About the client:
Our client is a leading, enterprise wide open software solutions provider. These solutions are designed to enable food retailers in supermarkets, convenience stores, and other retail market sectors to respond to competitive market requirements and changing consumer preferences. These software solutions cover a wide range of retail applications including easy-to-use, comprehensive point of sale (POS) and back-office store systems that may be combined with the corporate host system.
- To develop, enhance, and maintain various components of the client’s end-to-end retail POS solution.
- To meet end-to-end testing needs for products.
- Configuration and integration with peripherals: Cash register, card scanning, printers, check scanning, and weighing scales, among others.
- Customization: In addition to traditional POS functions related to product and price, customization to enable customer loyalty card scanning and promotional pricing. among others
- Integration with backend applications: Receive daily and hourly product and price updates and provide sales extracts for sales audit and analytics and triggers for inventory updates based on items sold, among others.
- Retail mobile applications: This was a mobile version of the in-store applications that also included certain functions of POS. The key objective of this solution was to enable store personnel to capture the entire inventory updates and purchase order transactions in real time while they are on the floor.
- End-to-end testing of products to meet quality assurance needs.
VB6, MS SQL Server, MS .NET, SSRS, and MS Access.